Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Race to the Finish - 2010 Beach to Bay Relay Marathon

Ronald & I leaving the house to go run
Ronald & I both participated in 35th Annual Relay Marathon on May 15th in Corpus Christi.  We were not on the same team because as Ronald would say "I'm in this thing to win."  I ran with some lady friends from San Antonio and Ronald was on Shoreline ER team.  The day started off with the weatherman reporting hail and flash flood warnings - it was pouring rain and lighting as we left the house.  I told Ronald, "How am I suppose to run in this if I can barely drive in it?" The relay has 6 legs and I was the last leg, so by the time my turn came around the rain had subsided and it was a nice run. 

Ronald & I are both working really hard to get in shape. So in order to stay committed, I will be participating in my first mini- triathlon in august and the Harbor Half Marathon in October.  Ronald will be doing a triathlon in July called Couples Triathlon and also the Harbor Half Marathon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow a half marathon!! YOu go girl! I lost about 30 pounds...still trying to lose 15 more...I have been running but not up to a half marathon and don't think I ever will ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to tell your man to keep it up so he can be on my level.... So when are you moving up here? Just wondering

    ReplyDelete